Thursday, August 13, 2009

Spectacular Seattle


Ahhh. Seattle. This is much delayed but no less important. I loved Seattle! We were there in the summer (well of 2008), and it was 75 degrees and sunny every day (almost)! What was so great about Seattle, was all the day trips and things to do in the state. We were so active there. Lots of hiking, biking, and just wandering around the hip downtown area. This picture above was from our rooftop deck. We had the most fabulous views. Space needle on one side and Mount Ranier on the other.


Another cool thing about the area, is all the ferry trips one could take. Here is a picture coming from Bainbridge Island, on a ferry. I remember this day, and it was perfect!



Right in the heart of downtown, was Pike's Place. The best public market I have ever been to by far! Fresh seafood and produce. Yummmm! Outside of the market are a lot of neat restaurants and bars!




As I said before, Eli and I did a lot of hiking in the surrounding areas. Here we were hiking at the base of Mount Ranier! So beautiful.



This is close to Mount Ranier. Such a breath taking forest.



Another hike we did was called Mail Box Peak. We climbed 4000 feet in elevation in 2.5 miles! It was more climbing than hiking. I have to say, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life! I was so proud of the both of us that day.


While we were in Seattle, we spent some time up in Canada - Vancouver and Victoria Island, which I will write about next time. Sorry this took me so long. It's not hard to blog, I just forget! Promise to post more soon!





No comments: