Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chi-town



Sorry it's taken me a while to put up another post. I am continuing from my last blog.......As my job in Fort Myers was wrapping up, I started mapping out my next location. I had always wanted to visit Chicago, so I thought why not live there while the living's free! After applying for and receiving my Illinois license, I was good to go. I made a quick stop home in Missouri to see family and friends, and then I was on my way towards Lake Michigan. Since parking in Chicago is extremely expensive and hard to obtain, Eli and I downsized all of our belongings and packed everything up in my Passat. I cannot believed everything fit!! (I did have to get a rooftop carrier!) Upon arrival, I couldn't have been more excited. We got to our apartment, that was picked out by our company, and to our dismay found about 450 sqaure feet of partially furnished housing. As you may not know, being a traveler means I leave a lot behind. So I have to rely on furnished housing to get me through the months.


Anyway, after a short housing crisis, everything was worked out, and I began my enjoyment of Chicago. I think I explored every inch of Chicago. I went to the Art Institute, the Lincoln Park Zoo, Millennium Park, the Field Museum, the Shed Aqaurium, the Museum of Science and Industry, Navy Pier, Wrigley Field...................the list goes on and on. Below are three pictures from a day of exploring: the famous "bean," the skyline from the carousel at Navy Pier, and Eli and I with the skyline behind us.

















One of the coolest parts of living in Chicago, was using the L train. Chicago has a great public transportation system. It was wonderful being able to use the trains or walk everywhere. This picture was taken about two blocks from my apartment. This was a place I liked to walk to and unwind. It goes to show that even in huge, busy cities, there is always a serene place to relax. Cheers!

No comments: