Monday, September 8, 2008

From the Beginning

Hopefully you all know what I have been up to this last year and a half. It all started in May of 2007. I was tired of my job at St. John's Hospital and was looking for new opportunities. After several months of research, I quit my job at the hospital and took a traveling job in Fort Myers Beach, Florida. For those of you who are geographically challenged, it is located in the southwest portion of the state. I had to clear out my rental house in Springfield, Missouri, and downsize to what could fit in my car. Call me spoiled, but it was very hard coming from a girl with about a billion pairs of shoes and purses to match! I managed to utilize every inch of my car and headed down to Florida. Now, I wasn't as brave as you think. My boyfriend, Eli, is a physical therapist. He has been my traveling companion, so I have not done it alone.



The cool part of this job is that the travel companies pay for my living expenses. My place in Fort Myers Beach was amazing...and free. I was on the beach (technically across the street but I didn't care). Above is a photo of the place - we lived on the top floor.



Eli and I spent many hours on the beach, just enjoying the scenery. Here are some beautiful pictures from "our" beach:












We went on many weekend excursions and explored most of southern Florida. I will write more on a later day. Hope you enjoy the first of my blogs! Also, I am new to blogging, so be a little forgiving!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been to all those places too, that's crazy!